Friday, October 30, 2009

Pink Silk at Dusk





























Hello everyone.
I only got back yesterday from Wales and loved reading all your comments on my last post. I will try and reply to all of you lovely people soon.
These photos are very new, only being done this afternoon! The incredibly wonderful Florence took these. She started her own photography blog recently too, and I advise that you all go and take a look! When you do, some of the photos may look a little familiar.. I'm always really inspired by working with flo. She has a great eye for detail.
Today we wanted to do a shoot inspired by a show we both saw over the summer in edinburgh called 'The Kosh.' It was a really amazing one woman dance show. So the theme for this shoot was glamour and eccentricity. I arrived at her house with a vintage suitcase and big bag full of clothes to try out! Too much as usual..
This is a vintage silk slip that was my paternal great-granny's. I think the colour is that perfect dusky rose shade. In fact, the only type of pink I will wear! The little grey top underneath was from a charity shop and the little vintage white satin shrug was bought at a local stall. It did have a beautiful fifties wedding dress with it, that my mum tried to dye red- unsuccessfully. It was blotchy pink and had to be thrown out (I was only about 7 at the time, and didn't exactly think about rescuing it!) What a sad waste. But luckily the shrug has made it's way into my open hands and I wear it all the time.
The tasselled shawl was Babi's (my czech grandma.) I think it has a bit of a Liza Minelli in Cabaret feel. Talking of which, I watched that film the other day. I've always thought it's such a classic. What is your favourite classic film? I'm always a sucker for an Audrey Hepburn one, especially Funny Face and Breakfast at Tiffany's.
The belt is inherited, and sadly now falling apart slightly. And the rather amazing pink satin and rhinestone shoes were given (!) to me by Rosie, who owns a neaby vintage stall. I always buy something there, she has such an eclectic range of jewellery and garments. I was so amazed when she gave these to me, I think they are possible the most flamboyant pair I own.
I have some more photos from today's shoot to share with you soon, as well as my first shoot with me behind the camera!
Oh, a quick question to you all before I go. Do I write too much on my blog posts? I often find that I have so much to say, and really enjoy writing them, but would you honestly prefer it if I cut down the text? I'd appreciate your opinions...

Popular Posts