Monday, April 22, 2013

new Gravetye Manor

After a rather late New Year I thought it would be best for a little rest before a very busy January, a second fresh start for the new year. So we headed down to Gravetye which is a 17 bedroom Relais and Chateaux country house near West Hoathly in Sussex, set in 1000 acres of woods and gardens! And its only a stones throw away from London, couldn't be more perfect!



It may not be too obvious but I love the outdoors, I spent my entire childhood with muddy hands and grazed knees. Running around woods with bows and arrows made by the one and only Pappa Watson, and always having a vegetable and fruit patch in my garden (Gooseberries were my speciality) so when I discovered the vegetable garden and the huge greenhouses in the gardens at Gravetye I was over the moon! I was in my element, my green fingers were showing. 


Sweet Peas, these are a favourite in the Watson household and one of my many bizarre nicknames.


Gravetye Manor is clever enough to have welly boots in every size for the city boys and girls who want to go stomp and explore through the streams and mud!


Off we went on our little adventure...




The the wild country girl in me came out, no paths for us, lets just try and follow the stream and see where it takes us.....





Not incredibly far, too much fresh air for my city boy, so back we went for tea and a warm fire. 


The christmas decorations were still up so was so super cosy!


The perfect start to what will hopefully be a perfect year....





Popular Posts