Monday, April 22, 2013

Make-Up Photographyidea wedding photography

I'm writing this post with a big bottle of water and a pot of mint tea all wrapped up in a duvet in the most beautiful manor house in sussex.....someone had a little to much fun last night so needed to escape and recuperate after NYE. 

My last post was on good easy trends for the New Year and I thought I should follow that up with a post on how I did my own for this New Year.

I've changed my mind plenty of times on whether to post this first photo as I am completely bare faced, but I thought that I should just buck up and do it. 

 Make-Up Photographyidea wedding photography

So I started with a completely bare and clean face. Its always important to wash and cleanse your skin before you apply your make-up, but make sure not to use a heavy moisturiser. If you do it will mean that your foundation is more likely to slide.


Some make-up artists like to do eyes first but I always prefer to apply my foundation first, it means you can just paint your face without worrying about smudging your eyes. I was using my MAC studio fix foundation in NC25, applied using the large MAC duo fibre brush. The size of this brush makes it very easy and quick to apply, but around your eyes and nose its always good to double check coverage and touch up just with your fingers.


I then follow my foundation with a light powder and then my favourite piece of make-up EVER! My MAC mineralize skin finish powder in medium deep. I think its actually meant to be a powder for someone with a much darker complexion then me but I use it as bronzer and contour powder I prefer it to the other bronzer because it doesnt have that orangyness to it or the sparkle that lots to. I use my MAC slanted contouring brush and I'm quite liberal with it, especially as it was a big night and I was in the dark so no one can really see just how brown my face was! 

 Make-Up Photographyidea wedding photography

For my eyes I went for the alternative smokey eye, I went for green and gold. I started by using a dark green liquid eye liner and did quite a thick line just on my top lid.


This glitter is the BEST! Again its MAC as all my make-up seems to be. One my my best friends Char brought it for me years ago and its still going strong. I applied just with a normal eye shadow brush, but it does drop so if you do want to use it I would put something under your eye to catch the spare sparkles that are making a dash for it. I started on the outside of my lid and blended inwards to complete the look.

 Make-Up Photographyidea wedding photography

Lashing of mascara ALWAYS!


This is genuinely my favourite mascara ever, Boujois Volume Clubbing in Ultra black. The name is not a great one, not going to lie but it gives you the best lashes all night long!


Nearly done, just a yummy lipstick to finish it all off.....

 Make-Up Photographyidea wedding photography

Hue by MAC was perfect....and I'm done!!

 Make-Up Photographyidea wedding photography
Add caption

I think my resolution this year will be that I need to stop being scared of everything and just jump in with two feet....you only live once, what are yours?

Happy New Year!!!!!!

Popular Posts