Thursday, February 7, 2013

Walk a Crooked Mile





For once, there are photos here on my blog but the text is elsewhere. It can be found beginning on page 221 of the current March issue of British Vogue, where I have a three page article titled 'Twist of Fate' discussing my experiences of scoliosis, spinal surgery, recovery and body image. I am so incredibly thrilled to have been given this opportunity.
A copy of the magazine arrived on the same day that the skeleton previously exhumed from a car park in Leicester was confirmed as being that of Richard III. Photos showed a scoliosis very similar to my own. Irony or strange serendipity - take your pick. Photos above (taken by my Dad and Mum) inspired by Chanel's SS12 show where pearls were strung along models' vertebrae, while the images below show one of my x-rays prior to surgery and Richard III's spine.
In the article the fantastic photography skills of both Vanessa Jackman and Florence Fox accompany the text.

 

Popular Posts